20100225

Flashback | weeks 6-8.

As these weeks have been very busy, I wasn't able to post something on here. So now I will review all the bigger happenings of the last 3 weeks of Madrid.

Week 6.
Planned on a long range, my parents finally came and visited me in Madrid to get an insight of my little spanish world. Besides the obligatory tourism programme, we ate a lot. I think it was even more than that. But it was delicious and just awesome. Moreover this was the weekend of carneval. The ones of you that know me know, that I am absolutely not into carneval, to be polite. I hate it. But the carneval over there was something different. The costumes were great, the parade colourful with great vehicles and stuff. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me these days, so I wasn't able to take some pictures of the parade. So I just can offer these ones.

I think, although everything was quite new and from time to time surprising for my parents, they liked it a lot. But still I am not sure, if they liked the fact of being in Madrid or the fact of finally being together with the whole family. This did not happen for a long time. And although it was kind of exhausting from time to time, I really enjoyed their company as well.

Week 7.
My parents left and Daan came a second time to Madrid, to visit me, some friends and - of course - Madrid. It was quite fun to see him again in Madrid, where we got to know each other some months before. As he already knew the tourism programme, we could therefore focus on other stuff and we went out for party, having dinner and went to the ArCo ("Arte Contemporaneo en España) - a big art trade fair taking place in Madrid. Although I am not that much into contemporary art and stuff, it was worth to be seen and we spend a nice afternoon there with David and Iñigo.

On Thursday David organized a nice Dinner with some of his friends. But it was not only a nice and delicious dinner, it was the "fiesta de chi-chi". The best party ever. :-) At first we had some delicious self-made spanish food and lateron we went out for party. It was quite fun and nice to get to know some more lovely spanish people. The end of the night ended up in the first tears about the upcoming end of my Madrid time. But somehow I could fix it again.

On Friday I got convinced to go to the movies. I saw Colin Firth and Juliane Moore in "A single man". The movie was quite good and to my surprising Jon Kortajarena also had a small role in this movie. Maybe it was better for his career that it was just a small one, but it was just pure pleasure to see him on the big screen. In the end, the movie turned out as quite sad and therefore it might not have been the best choice for my mood. But I went through it.

Trailer "A single man"

Saturday was the day when Daan left me again and my last 5 days on my own in Madrid started. All the pictures of the time with Daan can be seen on here.

Week 8.
These days were full of joy and pleasure with my closest friends. We went out for Party again, had great food, nice drinks with friends to say goodbye, etc. ... It was full of enjoying the time that still is left with my beloved friends. As the time was just great, it was a wonderful "end" of a great period. Unfortunately, it didn't make it easier to leave Madrid. To understand what I am saying, here you find some pictures to get a better understanding of it.

So today was the day, of which I was afraid the last weeks: my departure of Madrid back into my old live. Living with my parents again in that small and boring city in the neighborhood of Ulm. Still I don't know, what to feel. I think, I will need some time to structure my thoughts, to realize that my time in Madrid is over for the moment and that this wonderful time never will come back.

But right now, I am not able to be more clear about that topic. So I think, it will be best to stop here, put on some music and start unpacking. You'll get another mood-report when I am able to do it.
Maybe a pictures says more than a 1.000 words.

No comments: